Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurous man seeks Drow for fun times.  (Read 1200 times)

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventurous man seeks Drow for fun times.
« on: November 01, 2010, 07:08:57 pm »

I'm looking for a playable drow mod that stays pretty close to D&D style dark elves that will work well with Genesis Mod.  To make things extra hard, I'm looking for one where there are castes for Driders and Draegololths.  Anyone know of one?

To be honest, I suck pretty hard at doing stuff as far as the raws are concerned.  Building a creature is far, far out of my comprehension.  If this mod appeals to you, and you know how to create creature RAWs and entity thingies would you consider doing this mod?

also, no need to try for duel weilding good aligned drow. :P (wait.  could that actually be doable as a caste?  changing the alignment of creatures using the caste system would be awesome and introduce some new Fun to the DF mix!)

CaptApollo12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurous man seeks Drow for fun times.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 08:22:29 pm »

Drizzt is my hero cus he is so big and strong ;)

It's my opinion that Driders and Draegololths belong in a monster kind of catagory. This is because they do not really get along with the regular drow caste. (Plus I hate the df caste system). But I would love to see this thing.

I think we would be able to really rock this mod when the magic arc comes round.

PS Im all over the place cus im running on no sleep since saterday.
"MONTARON!  You are so AGGRAVATING!   'Tis disturbing to my demeanor..."

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 10:03:18 pm »

are you kidding?  they purposely breed Draegololths in rituals!  they are gifts from the spider queen!

Driders are more of a punishment, but i figure they could be made to serve HER will.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 10:45:20 pm »

Heres one thats pretty close to what you decribed.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54695.0
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 11:25:01 pm »

will that work with .16?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 11:45:02 pm »

To be completely accurate then all dorfs in positions of political power would need to be female, as males aren't allowed to do much besides work and die in drow society.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Toastergargletop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 11:54:59 pm »

To be completely accurate then all dorfs in positions of political power would need to be female, as males aren't allowed to do much besides work and die in drow society.

Thats do-able, although i would have SOME male positions.

in anycase:
imokwiththis.jpg

wow, seems like i accidentally locked this topic!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 05:43:01 am by Toastergargletop »

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 06:55:25 pm »

So much for no self promotion. I have a mod that has the Drow and Driders included, but they are separate creatures. If you want male positions in the civilization, there are a couple.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 03:35:15 am »

Heres one thats pretty close to what you decribed.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54695.0

my mod named here does that, it also includes driders with half chitin, half skin bodies, and drow use their very own array of weapons, a few new underground plants for the potent drow wines etc.
and also includes drowspiders as kittens, gianz drowspiders for hunters, gianz lizards for war animals (and if you are attacked by drow also as mounts) and last but sure not least: the famous rothé underground cattle for your daily dairy needs
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 11:01:59 am »

Had some problems with the pet spiders, dwarves that fall uncouncious in their webs get stuck endlessly and spam cancelations. Only a cave-in or perhaps some fiddling with runscape gets them out.

That was some versions ago though, maybe its been fixed.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 03:58:24 am »

mh since .14 dwarves never got endless stuck, sure if a spider fights something and shoots webs, the drow/dwarfs will get stuck in it, but only for some moments.
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."