Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Silk clothing deflection steel weapons.  (Read 811 times)

Insert_Name

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Silk clothing deflection steel weapons.
« on: November 04, 2010, 09:28:56 pm »

My fortress was just attacked by a goblin siege, and I stationed by high master axedwarves at the fortress gate. I had assumed that they would be able to easily handle the goblin invasion, yet to my horror I found that their steel axes were unable to penetrate the silk clothing of the invaders, while the goblins' weapons tore through my soldiers' steel armor like tissue paper. My dwarves ended up brutally slaughtered, with no goblin casualties. Is there any way to prevent this from happening again?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Silk clothing deflection steel weapons.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 09:47:08 pm »

The "silk clothing" deflecting steel is a display bug, not a mechanics bug, as far as I know. Even if it is actually the metal armor of the goblins deflecting your dwarves' axes, if the outermost layer of goblin clothing happens to be silk, the game will display the silk as having deflected the attack instead of the armor.

As to how the goblins killed your dwarves, they most likely had scourges or whips, which pretty much ignore armor. Solution? Traps, crossbows, and drowning traps, along with the ubiquitous magma, are your main options. Also, danger rooms so your dwarves have broken amounts of dodge and shield skill.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod