Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Noob thief issue..  (Read 504 times)

MaGicBush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Noob thief issue..
« on: November 03, 2010, 11:35:51 pm »

Well been following along in the written tutorials to figure this game out, got to the end of chapter 4. While working on my wall my fortress was apparently invaded by kobold/goblin thieves, at this point in the tutorial it has not described anything like this or how to remove them? I even looked ahead a bit(a chapter or two), and don't see anything about it. How do I remove them, they keep interrupting dwarves working and stealing stuff from stockpiles?

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
Re: Noob thief issue..
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 11:42:45 pm »

Goblins can be dealt with by traps, kobald theives will run off after being seen, and they are not effected by traps.

Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

MaGicBush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 11:45:03 pm »

Thanks for the reply, but I have not even made it to the traps yet.

Dang, ok just gonna pause till I can fix this. Apparently the Kobold left, but the goblin is stealing infants! He has stolen 2 apparently, and keeps making my dwarfs very unhappy(obviously lol).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:52:42 pm by MaGicBush »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 11:54:13 pm »

You could try chaining an animal up near your main entrance, by building a restraint, then once it's in place, press 'q' and assign an animal to it.
Maybe a dog, or something, although personally I like my guard vulture. 8) I don't know where he came from, but he's proved his worth fighting off thieving monkeys, even when my war dog got beaten by them!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JarinArenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 12:16:31 am »

this article may help you. Just get a bunch of dwarves to attack the snatcher. Weapons shouldn't matter.

MaGicBush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 01:17:44 am »

Alright, thanks was able to take care of it :).