Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toady Topics  (Read 672 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Toady Topics
« on: November 02, 2010, 10:51:19 am »

going through the Slaves to Armok: God of Blood thread i saw that Toady posted alot of topics himself giveing info on upcomeign updates and additions to the game as well as talking to the fourm member... im just wondering how come toady does not do this anymore for the DF game? :(
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Toady Topics
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 10:55:36 am »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 10:55:55 am »

The answer to your question.

Other stuff that effected his activity:

1) Bug Tracker, lots of bugs on that to read and sort through.
2) Forum has grown at least 100x in size since then.
3) Toady and ThreeToe moderate the whole B12 forums themselves.
4) You can search all his posts in his forum profile.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 11:03:32 am »

He does, in the Future of the Fortress: The Development Page thread.

yeah but he does not talk to all the other users he just posts one post and all the other fourm users do post the rest :P
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 11:22:45 am »

I read all of the suggestions.  Doing the forums in the way I do now (mostly reading and replying to some bug reports) takes long enough (today it was an hour and a half) that I can't really get involved in a lot of conversations, as much as I'd like to discuss suggestions and everything else.

Toady still communicates, but it's more centralized now; instead of posting new threads all the time, he maintains a devlog, records a podcast, and answers people's current-development-related questions in Future of the Fortress.  Also, the community was tiny and slow-moving back then -- there were so few fans that Toady had time to participate in conversations.

yeah but he does not talk to all the other users he just posts one post and all the other fourm users do post the rest :P

"Posts one post"?  He replies to multiple people in each post.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 07:32:58 am »

Toady still replies to everyone's mail and stuff. Heh, I was one of the original Armok fans :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.