Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demagmafied areas  (Read 342 times)

HermitDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Demagmafied areas
« on: November 03, 2010, 10:43:52 pm »

I had a zone in my fortress that was flooded with magma, and had some random magmasafe stuff dumped in it, like blocks and bolts and stuff. There were also a lot of ramps from channeling it out.

I used dfliquids to remove all the magma and decided to do some clean up. However, for some reason, there's bits of stuff I can't get rid of. There's some ramps, mostly in the corners, that my dwarves refuse to touch. In fact, certain bits of the area say "No access", and I assume the dwarves are experiencing the same thing. My dwarves also refuse to touch a bunch of the detritus lying in the area, like this row of obsidian blocks, a steel corkscrew, and the aforementioned bolts.

What's going on?

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demagmafied areas
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:55:25 pm »

This is a DFLiquids bug. I'm not actually entirely sure it's a bug, but it's something you wouldn't expect to happen at any rate.

Basically, if there's a liquid higher than 4/7 and you remove it entirely, then the pathing considers there to be liquid in those areas still, and won't path through it.
This can be fixed by flooding areas with water till it's covered in 1/7 liquid, which will then dry up, allowing pathing once more.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

HermitDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demagmafied areas
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 11:04:59 pm »

Ah I see. Awesome, thanks.