Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stripping Goblins of their weapons before throwing the goblin cages into lava?  (Read 4569 times)

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

couldn't you just dump them into a magma pit, wait for their metal gear to melt, then drain the lava off into a storage tank and collect the solidified goblinite?

Chocolatemilkgod

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding fortesses with magma since 2010
    • View Profile

All you do is d>b>c, then d>b>d, hit k and undump the cage, then your dwarves will get their clothes and weapons and armour. The cage doesn't have to be built either, you can just do it in a stockpile.
Dwarf 1: This is the worst part... The calm before the battle.
Dwarf 2: And then the battle is not so bad?
Dwarf 1: Oh...right. I forgot about the battle.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

that reminds me of a fort I had going on 40d

there were two 1-tile choke points ambushers needed to travel through, and I had a single cage trap in each to act as early warning- I ended up with something like 50 caged goblins, so I stripped their gear and lined the road to my fort with the captured goblins as an example to future invaders- pity caged goblins couldn't starve or dehydrate.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

HungryHobo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I remember coming up with a system involving a cage full of goblins and a nice little mechanism to release them from the cage, flood the cell with magma and then suck away all the magma once the crap has burned away.

leaving a nice neat pile of goblin gear.
Pages: 1 [2]