Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven logic...  (Read 900 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Dwarven logic...
« on: November 01, 2010, 08:12:33 pm »

Sometimes, I find my self questioning it. Ok, so i had just started building a base wall all around my fort to guard my self from elfs goblins and start a above-ground Barracks and trade depo. The wall kinda cut into the side of he mountain, but no worries. Then, about half-way though the contruction of the mountain side wall, i noticed a fatal flaw. A invader could just walk on a floor left by a below wall, by getting on the ramp, and then moving to the floor. To fix this, I had the contruction of a wall put next to this flaw area, however, the Dwarf (who was my only Architect and crafter) traped him self on the wall next to the floor on the side that was far away from the way off. I thought it was just a mistake, and asked a wall to be built one level below him so he could get out. Then i had the same problem again. So I asked another wall to be built next to the one that traped the dwarf. The same dwarf builds it, and traps him self AGAIN. At this point I was getting a little fursterated. I had another floor consturted next to him, same problem all over again. I had ANOTHER wall conturcted next to the other wall, thinking that he would never make that same mistake again.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is there anyway to fix this?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven logic...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 08:14:07 pm »

Best way that I know of is to designate the wall you want built, and then designate additional walls to be built above and to the right [those are teh directions dwarves want to build walls from].  Suspend construction on the dummy walls.  This will force the dwarf to build the target wall from a more proper direction.  Once the wall is built, simply use x to remove the dummy wall designations.
Cage traps are my magma.