Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: what happens...  (Read 544 times)

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
what happens...
« on: October 31, 2010, 06:36:48 pm »

what happens with a,for example,stone wall,when it hits the bottom of the magma pool?
will it stay as a wall,turn into mineable wall,or does it deconstruct itself?
I am a Goober.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: what happens...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 07:13:39 pm »

Semi-Molten Rock, which is below pretty much all "lava flow" tiles at the bottom of the Magma Sea, eats any and all objects and caved-in materials that fall into it.

Note that constructed walls that cave in instantly deconstruct, regardless of what is at the bottom. Only "natural" (which includes cast-obsidian, though not constructed obsidian, walls) walls and floors remain intact after a cave-in. Constructed walls and floors still have the other cave-in effects, such as piercing through floors, creating dust, atomsmashing things directly beneath them, and tossing around (possibly fatally) things caught in their dust, but they won't form walls when finished.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 02:31:57 am »

You cant even turn the magma above smr layers into obsidian, the magma stays magma no matter how much water you pour on it. :(
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Samoorai

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:shocking anatomy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 06:26:31 am »

Well of course not! The gods themselves (read: Toady) designed it as such so that even the most ambitious of dwarves would not accidentally free the foul creatures trapped beneath!

Oh hey, adamantine!
Behold my mighty fortress! Go on, I dare you! (40d)
But Roadhouse is a true masterpiece. Seriously.

Seriously, there could not have been a more appropriate end to the saga of Boatmurdered than a gigantic flaming apocalypse for no apparent reason. -- StarkRavingMad

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 07:14:22 am »

Now if that stone wall fell on normal rock not SemiMolten rock, then it'd deconstruct into raw materials. I'm assuming you mean constructed stone walls not natural stone walls, else you get minable rock wherever it falls.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.