Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need Stonesense pictures couple metals  (Read 949 times)

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
Need Stonesense pictures couple metals
« on: November 06, 2010, 01:33:24 pm »

Edit: Nevermind, I changed the value of Iron, gold, and silver temporarily to that of the metals I needed to look at. Thanks anyway.

Wasn't quite sure where to post this request, it seemed this would be the best place.

If anyone has a picture of what brass, bronze, and bismuth bronze look like as walls in stonesense I would greatly appreciate it.

I am currently running at a low 10 fps on my current megaproject and as such each season takes roughly 2 hours or so. I just put in requests with the dwarf caravan for brass, bronze, and bismuth bronze. I am going to make a bell tower complete with a bell but I don't know which of these metals will look better. Traditionally bells were made from bronze, sometimes iron or brass were used as well. Iron is out I know that is black in stonesense. If anyone can help me out that would be great, I currently have none of the mentioned metals or I would check it myself.

The reason I'd like to see it before hand is so I can plan the bell tower to match the color as I can build that while waiting for the metal.

Thanks in advance :).
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 03:41:51 pm by Halnoth »
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
Re: Need Stonesense pictures couple metals
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 02:22:11 pm »

Havnt got any picture, but you could dig up the metals color from the color xml.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 02:32:47 pm »

Ya I looked at the metal color sheet but I have no clue what x red x blue x green looks like lol.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 03:36:35 pm »

You can see what a color like that looks like by making a color with those values in Photoshop or Gimp or even MS Paint, but you wouldn't be able to see what it looks like with Stonesense's textures.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.