Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A masterwork of Urist McParanoid has been lost!  (Read 1556 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
A masterwork of Urist McParanoid has been lost!
« on: August 06, 2010, 05:36:29 pm »

New fort, just had the first caravan leave, it had some masterwork bone bolts on it. As soon as it left, I got the message "A masterwork of Urist McBonecarver has been lost!" New bug, or is she just really paranoid ("oh god oh god they'll ruin them those philistines MY BOLTS)?
くコ:彡

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
Re: A masterwork of Urist McParanoid has been lost!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 08:21:01 pm »

I know they dont do this with masterwork stone crafts and caravans now, I know it used to if you shot a masterwork bolt into something and it walked off the map.  Possibility?
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 08:49:24 pm »

Not exactly related but I had a miner who was crippled in a very unfortunate early cave-in, and after being bedridden for about a year (no hospital at that point) he roused himself and went down and carved an artifact coffin, I imagine for himself ("I told you I was sick!")

Bryan Derksen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 09:08:29 pm »

On a related note, I had a bedridden mason rouse himself to make an artifact gabbro bed. I arranged for it to be placed in his room.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 09:22:01 pm »

"I told you I was uncomfortable!"  Not quite as much a martyr as the coffin guy but on the other hand I bet that happens a lot more often in Dwarven society.

Thadius

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:homemade coffee]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 09:24:46 pm »

Urist McBonecarver: "Now I just made these bolts.  Don't go losing any.  They're one of my greatest works."
Urist McHunter: "Would you forgive me if I came back with more groundhog bones for you to use?"
Urist McBonecarver: "I'd hate you for all of an hour."
If you accidentally lock the elves in the depot and wait until they're insane to capture them in cages and then lock the next group of elves in the depot and unleash the insane elves from their cages, that's still somehow your fault.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 04:28:52 pm »

Yea, I don't get this one... my masterwork bolts have cuased the deaths of 5 furnace operators in the forge.  Should the firing of masterwork bolts cuase greif for the maker? I would hate to loose a legendary smith to the hammer.

Only solution seems to be: sell them before Uric Mcgoblinslayer gets them...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 04:30:32 pm by nordak »
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 07:22:45 pm »

A lot of masterworked silver bolts hit magma, and I got spammed with that message. But the smith stayed ecstatic, so maybe losing their ammo is only a marginal disappointment.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 07:35:02 pm »

I think the lack of unhappy there is because he's probably made a lot of them. I thing the formula for art defacement unhappiness is 1000/n, where n is the number of artifacts/masterworks created by that dorf.

Also, bad nordak! No three-month necroing!
くコ:彡

MacMahoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2010, 08:06:51 pm »

does that formula apply to all objects or specifically to ammo or all objects? I had a glassworker make green glass cages for my cage traps for years. After he became legendary I tossed a few masterwork cages into the magma. He was pretty pissed. He didnt tantrum but was miserable for years.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 08:07:36 pm »

All objects.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!