Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfiest dwarf ever?  (Read 1454 times)

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarfiest dwarf ever?
« on: October 27, 2010, 06:33:10 pm »

Is it possible to give dwarves steel skin and boiling magma for blood? Or any other such awesomeness? I have never modded them for anything before, so I wanted to know if its possible, and it so, how?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Dwarfiest dwarf ever?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 06:36:05 pm »

Yes, it can be done - just define special materials for the creature's skin and blood and assign them to the appropriate tissue layers.

In fact, Toady's already tested a dwarf with "boiling gold blood":

# 01/04/2009: An unexpectedly irritating snowstorm stranded me up at my parents' place during my mom's birthday party. I did manage to get a half day in -- blood raws with states for the blood (liquid/gas/powder etc.), bleeding information, artery strikes, blood on the ground, fixing up some of the bp names, but I had to leave just before I tested the dwarf with the boiling gold blood. Now I'm starting my next day (after shoveling the very long (couple hundred feet or more?) driveway out in the woods...), so I should be able to test that shortly. 936.

# 01/05/2009: 926. Today was the day to go through all 300 occurrences of the old body part hitpoints and update, categorize or remove them. The boiling gold blood came out as gold dust first, because I forgot to transfer the states between creature morphs properly, but after that it came out as a cloud of gold gas properly. I'll have to do it again once I've updated temperature damage.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 06:53:11 pm »

Sweet, could someone please tell/show me how to do this? I have some things I want to try and see if I can do them.

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 08:18:54 pm »

Anyone?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 09:07:34 am »

I acually tried this, but funny thing is I don't understand the tempature values and I made my dwarves blood colder then outer-space and ended up freezing to death whenever they got cut, I'm going to try again due to the fact I want a super-uber-crazy monster that has a rock shell covering a thick leather hide and magma for blood (lives in lava) and spits soild magma rocks that melt on impact and burn the unfortuate target... among other fantastic creatures, but back on track at least if anyone got any of my dwarf blood on them they would freeze to death haha, I will work on this project and hopefully update very soon

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 04:52:40 pm »

I gave my salamander creature molten silver for blood, and made it so it could hack up blobs of silver when attacked.
It was pretty cool because it's skin was hot enough to cause burns to anyone who touched it directly, and would light grass on fire as it walked if the temperature was high enough. Also it was a bitch to fight because being covered in globs of molten silver was incredibly inconvenient and uncomfortable. Also it could wrestle a bronze colossus to death if it could hold out long enough, because the colossus would just melt away.

nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 10:40:08 pm »

I gave my salamander creature molten silver for blood, and made it so it could hack up blobs of silver when attacked.
It was pretty cool because it's skin was hot enough to cause burns to anyone who touched it directly, and would light grass on fire as it walked if the temperature was high enough. Also it was a bitch to fight because being covered in globs of molten silver was incredibly inconvenient and uncomfortable. Also it could wrestle a bronze colossus to death if it could hold out long enough, because the colossus would just melt away.

Sweet. Raws, please? Maybe a civ for it? Please?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ninja137

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 11:20:28 am »

How do you give things molten metal for blood or skin? Or how could I give something a dragonfire breath attack

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2010, 12:36:27 pm »

To give it a dragonfire breath attack, just give it the [DRAGONFIREBREATH] tag.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.