Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SOLVED Dwarves ignore all workshop orders  (Read 652 times)

Desideratus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
SOLVED Dwarves ignore all workshop orders
« on: September 16, 2009, 03:10:31 am »

Okay, so here's the problem I'm having; my dwarfs are COMPLETELY ignoring all workshop orders, even orders to dismantle said workshops. b+C building works just fine, and it seems as though my furnaces are sentient because some decided to work and some didn't (even furnaces of the same type). Hauling items also works fine. These problems have persisted as I transferred my save across 6+ versions of DF. Even setting my brewers to do nothing but brew, they ignored "Brew Drink/R" and loafed around with the "No Job" status, same with other professions.

This problem Started around the time several things happened:

1.) I tried to render my fortress in both 3Dwarf and Visual Fortress.

2.) I added the [SOIL_SAND] tag to Loam, because a mood called for glass on a sandless map.

3.) I ordered several thousand (max of ~4000) tiles worth of stone+gems mined across two z-levels.

4.) I ordered ~2500 worth of construction with said stone (Megaproject). Can you job-spam dwarfs into inaction, because I noticed workshop orders are lowest on the job list?

Now, I have a couple other file tweaks in place (no new RAW entries, just a few line changes) and as afore mentioned I'm using the Mayday graphics bundle (the latest one up on his site), but I've had no problems until now.
I'll post more specs and game info if needed, but I'm figuring I just overlooked something incredibly obvious.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 05:57:29 pm by Desideratus »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: [40d16 Mayday] Dwarves ignore all workshop orders
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 03:52:46 am »

It sounds like the workshops are forbidden, which is the same as saying that the materials used to construct the workshops are forbidden.  This tends to happen if you forbid entire categories of stone in Stocks, or use the forbid designation carelessly.  You can quickly confirm whether a workshop is forbidden by 't'-ing over it and looking for the {curly braces} around the building material.

Desideratus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 05:03:58 am »

Ah, yes, so it was. Odd, I didn't know you could even do that and I've been playing for 2 or so years...

Anyhow, thank you very much. I really didn't want to lose my 22 z-level super castle to some glitch. I knew I missed something obvious... *sigh*

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 05:26:17 am »

Ha, no problem.  I'm GLAD it was something obvious.  By the way, feel free to edit the thread title (by editing the original post) so Toady can skip it while he's going through bug reports.