Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: problem with seeds after adding sugar to a plant  (Read 726 times)

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
problem with seeds after adding sugar to a plant
« on: October 28, 2010, 05:48:36 am »

Edit yet again: Ok I got them to plant rat weed seeds again, evidently when the plant is milled it creates unplantable seeds. These seeds are worth 20 dwarf bucks instead of 1. Is there anyway to fix this?

I added the ability to produce sugar from Rat Weed since my current fort lacks underground farming and I wanted a constant 3rd ingrediant for lavish meals.

The problem is, after I did so I now get spammed that there are no rat weed seeds available despite the fact that I have 200 or so rat weed seeds. Most of those seeds likely came from making sugar though.

Is there anyway this error message is related to me adding the sugar reaction? Are these seeds not really rat weed seeds?

edit: To add the ability to make sugar I simply copy pasted the sweet pod info and changed the name
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit 2: There isn't anything wrong with the plot itself, I just tested it by planting whip vine and it works fine. There is definately something wrong with the rat weed seeds themselves. Also, it is ALL the rat weed seeds b/c I tried buying some from the elves and the planters still won't use them.

Edit 3: ugh starting to get frustrated I deleted the additions and I am still having the problem.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:39:22 am by Halnoth »
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Asagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: problem with seeds after adding sugar to a plant
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:50:14 am »

Did you delete the seed tags?

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
Re: problem with seeds after adding sugar to a plant
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 11:09:13 am »

Nope they are there. I may have fixed it. Evidently some of the plants do not have a material value tag explicitly stated in the raws I added material value 1 to rat weed to reflect the proper value of rat weed seeds. It seems to have corrected the problem.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531