Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adamantine wafers become unavailible after unrelated modding?  (Read 1835 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Adamantine wafers become unavailible after unrelated modding?
« on: October 24, 2010, 09:26:20 am »

After some unrelated modding I've noticed something strange.

Notably that my custom civ can no longer make adamantine wafers.  The reaction is still present(I hadn't modified the origonal reaction_smelter.txt at all)  and the reaction is still listed in the civ's allowed reactions.  Yet I am unable to use any of the mined out adamantine.

Its not bothering me too much for this particular fortress because I have plenty of other materials to make implements of death out of, but it has potential to be annoying in the future.  There's also the fact that it should still be working just fine that bugs me.

Recently changed files:
Spoiler: reaction_greimod.txt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: plant_greimod.txt (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Custom race entity (click to show/hide)
Summary: Added a crossbow training building and partner reaction, added a custom plant and related soapmaking reaction, and made a reaction to make a large number of crappy emergency weapons to a previously created custom workshop.

The above are all the recently changed entries that catch my suspicion.  However they all look fine to my eye and work as expected ingame.
I have put a .rar with the object folder in it up here (greimod.rar)as well, since the entire mod is far too large to post on the forums as text.

Anybody have any thoughts?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 09:43:18 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adamantine wafers become unavailible after unrelated modding?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 11:21:05 am »

there's a good chance its a typo... Have you changed anything near the adamantine reaction in the entity file

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 11:36:15 am »

That was one of my first thoughts, but those don't look odd at all, the wafers reaction appears to be identical to vanilla.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and the entry in the entity is    [PERMITTED_REACTION:ADAMANTINE_WAFERS] which should point to it properly.

The only thing I can think of that is wrong at the moment is that I hit the reaction number cap.  But 8 above vanilla doesn't seem like a very high cap if I did, and that would make me think this issue would show up far more often.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 12:00:08 pm »

Did you remember to process the adamantine into strands before you made the wafers?
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 12:02:12 pm »

Yea, it's taking up my cloth stockpiles now.  And it filling the whole thing up was what make me decide to process it to wafers and made me notice that the reaction is gone in the first place.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 02:23:42 pm »

I just tested this in Direforged, and I can create wafers just fine, and I have fifteen dwarf mode reactions beyond the vanilla ones. So it isn't a reaction cap, and the reaction does look correct. :-\
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 02:19:09 am »

Could just be a bug. Tried assinging the job through the job manager or dumping the threads out of a bin yet?
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 07:07:01 am »

I didn't try assigning it via the job manager.  I probably should have tried that.  I'm at school at the moment though so I won't be able to try that until tonight.

I have an odd preference to not bin up cloth and thread though, I like being able to glance at the workshops and see when I should turn the relevant workshops on.  So the pile is by default set to not place in bins.

I'll try the manager tonight and report back.

UPDATE: Had a psyche test at school, and since I usually finish tests faster than average, (just wish I got better scores than average) I got out early enough to stop by at home and try it before work.  Sure enough, the manager screen method worked.  Infact immediately after the make wafers job was validated by the manager it showed up normally in the list and was able to be added manually.   Guess it was just a bug, and not a modding error. 

Thanks for the help folks!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:34:56 pm by Greiger »

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 06:46:05 pm »

I had the same problem with a custom reaction to make metal beds. I re-loaded the game one day later, and it appeared.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.