Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stuff you do while waiting for dwarves  (Read 694 times)

riznar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stuff you do while waiting for dwarves
« on: October 26, 2010, 08:26:17 pm »

My FPS is a high 35 right now, but I still find myself with time to read Lords and Ladies by Terry Pratchett

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you do while waiting for dwarves
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 09:06:54 pm »

I usually work on stuff or go online, as is the case now.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 10:57:35 pm »

plot out future constructions then curse as the designations add to my fps woes :)
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

HatfieldCW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 01:21:46 am »

I switch video inputs and play Halo, and check on my little buddies in between matchmaking rounds.  If something cool happens, I wind up getting kicked for idling, but that's okay.
I brake for stumble bumblings

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 12:04:52 pm »

I whine on the forums.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 12:12:56 pm »

Hastily scribble notes in a journal, taking record of how long they take and what my stocks are at.  I want to make sure everything is on schedule.  I also note how I could improve everything, and what my next building will be.

When I play DF, I play DF.  I hardcore babysit dwarves, instead of running and coming back later.  I don't trust these buggers.