Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 'using' artifact crafts  (Read 556 times)

bragos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
'using' artifact crafts
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:21:39 am »

is there any way to 'use' a artifact craft item, such as earrings or intruments?

or at least order it to be put on display (on the grave of the creator)?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: 'using' artifact crafts
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 09:30:52 am »

There's a display case mod, but otherwise, no.
*Hugs*

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 09:32:49 am »

you could manage this somewhat with a little stockpile-fu

Setup a 1-tile finished goods stockpile and restrict it to artifact crafts, i think you could even further restrict it to say artifact earrings etc.  may even be possible to further narrow the field with material if needed, havent investigated to be honest
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 09:44:12 am »

you could manage this somewhat with a little stockpile-fu

Setup a 1-tile finished goods stockpile and restrict it to artifact crafts, i think you could even further restrict it to say artifact earrings etc.  may even be possible to further narrow the field with material if needed, havent investigated to be honest
You can do this, but it doesn't do anything. Only items that are part of buildings add to room value, only items that are part of buildings can be admired. 1-tile stockpiles aren't buildings in this sense (nor are stockpiles at all), so this doesn't actually allow artifact crafts to be useful.

So yeah, mainly the only option is to download or make a display case mod, which is essentially a 1x1 custom workshop that can take any item as one of its components. Most of the variants I've seen take a clear glass case and a block as the other components, while I've also seen a variant that takes a statue, ones that accept only weapons and use a weapon rack as the display, ones that accept only armor and use an armor stand as a display... Regardless, display cases are the only known means of actually using artifact crafts to improve room values or creature happiness.
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!