Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just wear them already, Urist!  (Read 930 times)

Hurgal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just wear them already, Urist!
« on: October 18, 2010, 06:38:52 pm »

Apparently, one of the slain forgotten beasts left behind the invisible foot-rotting disease of death.  I recall reading that having the feet of your dwarves shod prevents the spread of this disease.  The question is, how do I make them wear the socks/shoes that I have made?  I remember having the same sort of problem in 40d, though it wasn't a matter of life or death then, merely cosmetic.  I never figured out what to do about it then, and I'm hoping maybe there's a way now.  Any suggestions?

veok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just wear them already, Urist!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 07:42:29 pm »

As of 31.12-16, Dwarves are perfectly fine with going around naked, as though they will claim new clothes, they will not wear them (unless it's part of their military uniform).

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 08:58:37 pm »

Put all your dwarves in military squads, even if they won't train/fight, and assign them footwear.  You'll have to double check to make sure they don't put 2 socks on one foot and then get confused, but it should work.

I believe that boots/shoes don't actually protect the toes, so socks are the important item here. Maybe go for multiple pairs of socks.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 09:02:10 pm »

Really? I've had dwarves put on clothes from the clothing industry just fine.
(Or so i recall... not too sure on something so trivial that happened two months ago.)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 03:12:39 pm »

In my experience, dwarves only wear clothes if they arrived wearing them, or if they're in the military. They don't actually have to do any military stuff or be on duty ever, but they have to be in a squad.