Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Iron Man Turns into Guard  (Read 742 times)

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Iron Man Turns into Guard
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:00:00 pm »

I started out right near a bunch of enemies, recruited my 7 guys and attacked - All of a sudden I was fighting some Guard??? - The ironman turned into a guard. He killed somebody and he was still an ironman, he only became a guard when the other 4-6 got over there and started attacking. I have a save if you can learn anything after whatever happened has already happened. - the "Guard" is still represented with an M like it was still an ironman.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Man Turns into Guard
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 08:24:00 am »

NEW HIDDEN FUN STUFF: The Invisible Wizard and the Wand of Polymorph.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Nite/m4re

• Bay Watcher
  • Too Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 09:27:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by martinuzz:
<STRONG>NEW HIDDEN FUN STUFF: The Invisible Wizard and the Wand of Polymorph.</STRONG>

:D   :D   :D   :D   :D   :D   :D

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 09:34:00 am »

Iron men are learning!
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Lord Nightmare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 10:33:00 am »

You should upload that save somewhere so Toady can have a look.
I suspect its the same bug which caused those dwarves to turn into megabeasts with dwarf stats, but in this case you probably had an iron man which had a 'low' creature ID(first 16 creatures or so in the world) which was overwritten by a 'high' guard ID, as opposed to dwarves which normally have high IDs who were overwritten with low ID creatures, in the megabeasts save.

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"