Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [38c] Double feature  (Read 1597 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
[38c] Double feature
« on: March 19, 2008, 12:12:00 am »

Got a double whammy for ya.  First up, naturally dead trees (such as in undead-haunted areas) show up as though they are in an "inside, dark, subterranean" environment when you loo(k) at them.  Not that this was found in a modification which changed a few things regarding trees, but my machine's running a bit slowly so I can't test it out right now in native DF.  It's worth looking at, in any case.

Next up, we have the case of the confused conscript.  I found a soldier who was wearing three gauntlets.  One left-hand gauntlet on the left hand, and then one right-hand gauntlet on both the left and the right hands.  If actual wrestling is used during sparring, then it would simply be a matter of him grabbing the gauntlet off a buddy's right hand with his left hand (unless that would show up as 'hauled'), but it looks a bit funny as of now.

I don't have a save with the soldier trouble just yet, but it will be coming up in some time.  It's a succession fort, and I'm trying to wrap up my turn.

Cavalcadeofcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Double feature
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 10:09:00 am »

No idea about the conscript thing, but I think that the trees appear as "inside" because you're looking at the inside of the trees. Try looking at them from z+1; if that doesn't work (display as outside/light/aboveground), then there really is a problem.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 10:40:00 pm »

Two things about the trees:  One)  Even if they were indoors, they shoutldn't show up as 'subterranean'.  Two) Only dead trees (found in undead-infested areas) show up as this.  Healthy, normal trees show up with the usual "outside, light, above ground" location.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 11:28:00 pm »

The sky is blackened out in terrifying areas!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 01:32:00 am »

I'll note down the tree one.  If you get a save for the soldier one I can take a look at it.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 04:04:00 am »

Here ya go:  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=70

File description will tell you where to look.  The "region77" folder name was thought up by someone to prevent region folder overwrites.  I haven't gotten around to renaming it yet.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 09:40:00 pm »

Okay, I've got the soldier save and I'll take a look at it at some point.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

xzzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 10:38:00 pm »

Just thought I'd add, tower caps that grow in my sinister region are also setting outdoor tiles as subterranean.

This is in 38c.