Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DTheRapist and Custom Professions  (Read 1131 times)

DukeOfVandals

• Bay Watcher
  • Diabeetus makes you sleepy.
    • View Profile
DTheRapist and Custom Professions
« on: October 11, 2010, 08:03:15 pm »

I'm trying to simplify things a little and I thought that I would create a few custom professions and then assign them to an acceptable number of dwarfs.

For instance, one profession is "Fort Carver," which will include mining, stone detailing, masonry, and architecture.

The problem is, I've been having trouble getting this profession assigned to my dwarfs.

If anyone wouldn't mind talking me through the process then I'd appreciate it. I've gotten as far as creating the custom profession in DT, and I can't figure out how to apply it to anyone. If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Delduvat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DTheRapist and Custom Professions
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 12:01:43 am »

Well, it`s rather simple:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don`t forget to COMMIT your changes.

DukeOfVandals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 01:40:59 am »

Ahhh... Hm.

Much thanks.

Two things:

First, I assume you got that menu by right-clicking, yes?

Second... any idea how to pull up that menu on a mac? I tried any variety of key-clicking I could think of, from control-click to command-click (one of the two usually does the job) and to no avail. I'm wondering if there's a way for me to change the bindings of the program so that instead of right-click opening those windows some other combination would work?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 12:11:21 pm by DukeOfVandals »

DukeOfVandals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 12:11:47 pm »

Oops.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 03:43:22 pm »

Ahhh... Hm.

Much thanks.

Two things:

Yeah, its by right-clicking.

Second... any idea how to pull up that menu on a mac? I tried any variety of key-clicking I could think of, from control-click to command-click (one of the two usually does the job) and to no avail. I'm wondering if there's a way for me to change the bindings of the program so that instead of right-click opening those windows some other combination would work?
Can't you select the target dwarf from the list as normal, then use the drop down menus at the top to set the (custom) profession?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

DukeOfVandals

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 01:21:07 am »

Ahhh... Hm.

Much thanks.

Two things:

Yeah, its by right-clicking.

Can't you select the target dwarf from the list as normal, then use the drop down menus at the top to set the (custom) profession?

Honestly, I haven't figured out how to yet. I assumed that MUST be possible, but I still haven't found out the specific channel of commands necessary for it...  :-\

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 01:39:36 am »

Re: Topic title--

Pretty sure it's 'therapist,' not 'the rapist.'

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 01:47:29 am »

I'm pretty sure Duke knows that. He's just repeating a lame joke that's been circulating around in the deep parts of the forum for a while.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 02:56:14 am »

I'm pretty sure Duke knows that. He's just repeating a lame joke that's been circulating around in the deep parts of the forum for a while.

And oh, how so very lame and juvenile it is...  Every time I see someone calling DT 'rapist' I have to pull my beard in frustration, until I realise that once upon a time, I too was an immature twit and would have thought it was funny as heck.

Damn getting old...
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.