Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Introducing.....  (Read 1274 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Introducing.....
« on: October 04, 2010, 03:16:22 pm »

so someone continued the legacy of Middle earth so i thought about bringing some new blood into this game that has the same stupid, curious and ridiculously fun dwarves we all come to know. Ladies and Gentlemen i give you these little fun bastards:

thats right Urists', PIKMIN ONION (need a better name). questions and concerns?

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing.....
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 03:22:20 pm »

You could do some real interesting things with castes and stuff. Have 1 female out of every, say, 50 males, and have different castes for males.
Man, this would be an awesome mod.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 03:24:43 pm »

Oh, this would be insane.
くコ:彡

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 03:28:56 pm »

You could do some real interesting things with castes and stuff. Have 1 female out of every, say, 50 males, and have different castes for males.
Man, this would be an awesome mod.
well technically i want the same number of females and males(they are plants) though for child spawn im looking at.... 20 pikmin for every birth (piksplosions anyone?)

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 03:48:10 pm »

This has some potential. Will you be making them to scale or sizing them up to make bulborbs a threat to dwarfkind? I personally think the latter would be better and easier.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 03:54:02 pm »

This has some potential. Will you be making them to scale or sizing them up to make bulborbs a threat to dwarfkind? I personally think the latter would be better and easier.
make them size of a kobold and the bulborbs should be a size of a giant eagle, good enough perspective?
now modding the body parts should be easy for pikmin, i don't know about using skeleton bodies though because they have fragile bodies, give only the flowerhead attack and blunt damage but i don't know abou them evolving up from leafling to flower. 

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 05:31:24 pm »

I would play the hell out of this.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 10:02:01 pm »

Well they popped out of those nest things so you might get more sensible imagery by making those the female and everything else males. Obviously they would spit out many offspring in one go.

You could get some major variation in bulborb size handily with the new growth rate stuffs but I don't think the game has a good enough way of telling you the age/size of those things.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 12:06:22 am »

Well they popped out of those nest things so you might get more sensible imagery by making those the female and everything else males. Obviously they would spit out many offspring in one go.

You could get some major variation in bulborb size handily with the new growth rate stuffs but I don't think the game has a good enough way of telling you the age/size of those things.
yea i just looked into the RAWS today and my eyes haven't stopped bleeding yet, WHY IS THAT MORE COMPLICATED?!?!?
technically their asexual because the game text says they release cloud producing a seed in a intense battle area but whatever.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 12:47:02 am »

yea i just looked into the RAWS today and my eyes haven't stopped bleeding yet, WHY IS THAT MORE COMPLICATED?!?!?
More complicated than what? In comparison to other games' modding you don't have to learn Lua, Jass, C++ or Python, so that's really easy (considering the fact that we have a full database of tokens... yeah).

technically their asexual because the game text says they release cloud producing a seed in a intense battle area but whatever.
Just like dwarves? :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository