Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: make it run faster  (Read 7286 times)

thebigJ_A

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: make it run faster
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2010, 11:59:04 pm »

Won't that mess up things like, for instance, determining if an arrow/bolt hits?

I've decided I can live with the fps I get with temperature on but weather off. I figure temp is the more important, at least for my current fort, since I'm in a temperate region, so the ponds won't dry out, and there's a brook anyway.

I guess I should start saving for a new pc. This'll take a while...  :-\

kapusta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2010, 04:26:26 am »

Well, I don't know how it affects combat to be honest, but I have a suspicion that it would be easier to dodge with high speed and your dwarves would attack far more often. So in my fortresses SPEED:0 is used only for building and megaprojects.

deoxys413

• Bay Watcher
  • Space. It's quiet, too quiet...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2010, 08:18:55 am »

In the midst of my [SPEED:0] building, my dwarves felt the need to clean the obscene amount of blood some human had left. I lost 7 dwarves to this because the goblins that caused were still there, but there was many a case of Urist McNeo since the entire squad opened fire on him with bows just as he pathed to the middle of them releasing 'danger was near' (Although the mayor somehow survived this >>;)

My military was never much more than a few bowdwarves and they stand in place when they shoot, so I can't vouch for dwarven combat.
WATER is the universal solvent.
MAGMA is the universal solution.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]