Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Possible Cause of Liason Madness.  (Read 609 times)

Possible Cause of Liason Madness.
« on: November 03, 2007, 05:26:00 pm »

I haven't had it happen myself, but the Liason has stayed well into winter and here's why:

My Outpost Manager, or whoever he meets with, seems to ignore him to do other tasks and the Liason will wait patiently for my dwarf to go on break or give him some other chance to speak.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Cause of Liason Madness.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 05:32:00 pm »

Since the noble can actually work, use labour preferences to remove EVERY SINGLE thing he can do.

He'll stand still eventually.

Ps- ".. meeting" appears as an 'idle' task. (Ie Idle: 1) and its due to the meeting. <= bug

When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 06:14:00 pm »

I know, I was just posting to let others.

MindSnap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 06:25:00 pm »

I've read something about it being caused by the liason going up or down stairs.

If we lose one liason, do we get another?

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 07:16:00 pm »

I dunno, but I think I'm about to lose this one, so...   :)

[ November 03, 2007: Message edited by: Funkadelic Jive Turkey ]

Freddybear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 10:00:00 pm »

The Dwarf Liaison finalized trade agreements and finished up his business with my Outpost Manager dwarf. I got the "Farewell" message from him, and the Outpost Manager then went ahead to trade with the caravan (she was also the Broker), which went OK. So the Liaison was free to go, no apparant unfinished business at that point.

He just hung around downstairs until the caravan left, and shortly after that went berserk and beat up my Metalsmith before my Hunter/Marksdwarf shot him down.

rine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 10:55:00 pm »

My liason decided to go berserk, and killed my entire outpost team...this was after all agreements had been finalized, and he had bid us farewell. He just hung around downstairs until he went berserk.

Hopefully this bug gets fixed soon, it makes it rather hard to want to play since my liason can just go and kill everyone off for no reason.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 11:28:00 pm »

My Liason too went insane AFTER completing all of his business. The caravan left and he was just hanging around near the bottom of my three-story stairway.

After he went babbling crazy he stripped naked, ran around like an idiot then climbed up to the surface and ran into the woods, eventually off the map entirely.

I like to look on the bright side of things. Now I have a bunch of clothes to trade to the elves.  :D