Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [38c] Certain Objects Remain Unusable in Reclaim Mode  (Read 532 times)

Responder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[38c] Certain Objects Remain Unusable in Reclaim Mode
« on: March 17, 2008, 07:34:00 pm »

I've read of various other issues in Reclaim Mode but this particular one does not seem to have been raised yet. A few of the dwarves in my first fortress were hauling doors to be constructed when they were interrupted by the hunger option, "Hunting for small vermin" or something like that (I forgot to pack food). Naturally, they all died from starvation, so I returned later to reclaim my fortress with a different group of pioneers and found the doors exactly the way the dwarves from the first fortress left them. Everything else in the fortress is fine, in terms of me reclaiming them and being usable to my new dwarves, but these doors, despite being reclaimed, are all but invisible to my dwarves. I cannot use them to construct new doors, can't haul them away to a furniture stockpile, nor deconstruct them. That leaves them, ultimately, a wasted potential door, since I can't use them, and an aesthetic obstacle, since my beautiful dwarven halls are interrupted by a scattered door here and there.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [38c] Certain Objects Remain Unusable in Reclaim Mode
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 09:19:00 pm »

Do you have a save I can look at?

I'll need the region folder in some kind of zip/rar/7z, and any new objects that were added to the raw folder.  If it's less than 20 megs, you can send it to toadyone@bay12games.com.  You can also try The Dwarf Fortress File Depot which has a special section for bugged saves.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 10:03:00 pm »

It's probably because the doors are in use for a construction, but the construction doesn't exist any more.  Something like that's happened with suspended constructions and raw materials on reclaim before.

Responder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 12:33:00 am »

I've abandoned the fortress again since then but when I go back the same problem occurs. The doors in question are on levels 155-158 at the main entrance and some of the thoroughfares going north-south.

I uploaded it onto the Dwarf Fortress File Depot as a zip, and thanks for getting back to me so soon.

[ March 18, 2008: Message edited by: Responder ]

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 12:45:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Responder:
<STRONG>I've abandoned the fortress again since then but when I go back the same problem occurs.</STRONG>

Well duh.  The "construction" that reserved them still exists as far as the door is concerned.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 06:38:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Draco18s:
<STRONG>
Well duh.  The "construction" that reserved them still exists as far as the door is concerned.</STRONG>

I wouldn't put too sharp a point on this.  Responder is helping me out.

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!