Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dedukkosoth - Manorpalace - Home of the Dragon (Story)  (Read 1348 times)

Nami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dedukkosoth - Manorpalace - Home of the Dragon (Story)
« on: January 09, 2011, 07:15:55 pm »

Crap!  I hit post when I meant to hit preview, I'm sorry, I'm not finished ><;

Okay, hey everybody 8D, I'm Nami, it's nice to meet all of you. 
I'm new to dwarf fortress, but I've run the tutorials, I know how to make it work, and I get better every time. >>;
Anyway, I love to write, and lately I've felt that my DF games lacked a story, since I was able to stop worrying about them dying, anyway 8D; so I decided to give this one one, and, you know, to share it with you guys!

So, ah, first thing's first, here's what I'm working with?  I suppose?  Dunno, anyway, I'm using the latest version, with the May Green tileset, and modded so that dragons are domesticated animals. (Which is where we get our story :D)

Going to that, here's the plot:

---

Seven dwarves have left their home nation to establish a new one, and build fortress fit for a king... or rather a dragon.  For their nation is one ruled by dragons, and a scion of the ruling family travels with them, Zirilkon - Firemaster, they are tasked with protecting him, and fulfilling his every need, to start with, a lair, which will one day be filled with gold, and silver, and gems, but that is a long way off.  Still...

---

So, the story will be told in two perspectives.  Zirilkon's, and one of the original seven, and, um, with that, lets begin:
{This is OoC, for AN's}

Chapter 1:  The Spikes of Tormenting

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"You know, in hindsight, maybe we shouldn't have come to a place named The Spikes of Tormenting."  Iton says, as we finally stop the wagon, "I mean, did you see those wolves last night?  They were missing parts of their-"
"Everyone's heard about the 'zombie wolves' Iton," Amost says.
"The zombie wolves that only YOU saw." Dakost adds.
"They're real!  I'm telling you!  You guys just didn't see them because I was the only one-"
"Shhh-shut up, all of you, the lizards coming back."  I cut in, and as one we turn to see Zirilkon land in a cloud of dust, "So my lord," I say as calmly as I can, "Did you find any prey?"
The dragon glares at me, or possibly the ground at my feet, or a tree in the distance.  It's hard to tell, glaring seems to be Zirilkon's default expression, "No." he says, "There were some goats, but when I went closer to look, they were only walking skeletons of goats."
"See I told y-" Iton starts to say, but he's quickly shushed by the others, an luckily Zirilkon only gives him a cursory glare before turning his gaze back to me.
Lucky, lucky me.
"Well, ah, maybe they have some juicy marrow in...them...?" I suggest, and the dragon brightens at this.
"Perhaps! Why don't you check for me?" he asks.
"Ah... what?" I manage, staring at him.
"Check, mor-" he stops himself cold, then after thinking for a moment, "dwarf, check and see."
"You want me to go attack skeleton goats." I say tentativly, I know that I shouldn't, but he can't possibly be serious.
"No, not attack, kill... again, I'm assuming.  Surely you can?  You brought that suit of armor, did you not?  Put it on, and attack them." he says, and I can see what calm he possessed is fast disappearing
"But surely... you-" I say in one last ditch attempt.
"I am tired, and must rest, even if I have to do so on an empty stomach," he eyes Iton, "Although there are other options, I suppose."
Iton squeaks behind me "No!"  I shout, and then recoil at the dragon's glare, "Ah, I mean there's no need, you're lordship, I'll go get them, shall I?  With Feb and Dakost-"
"The miners are staying here.  I saw some gems studding the mountain side.  And I need quarters.  Tonight"  Zirilkon said.  "You'll be fine, I'm sure."
I gulp, "As you say, sir."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:41:54 pm by Nami »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Dedukkosoth - Manorpalace - Home of the Dragon (Story)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 11:55:45 pm »

So is this community?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: Dedukkosoth - Manorpalace - Home of the Dragon (Story)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 10:53:32 pm »

Hmm... Its a good concept, is there anymore to this story or is it one chapter?