Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions about creatures and adventure mode.  (Read 580 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Questions about creatures and adventure mode.
« on: October 12, 2010, 04:35:04 pm »

So, I've tinkered with a Golem, that I want to be found wandering the mountains rarely. I also want it to attack if you find it, while traveling on the world map.

Is there a specific tag that triggers this? And also, what frequency should it be at? I don't want it to be a hassle to find, but it shouldn't be as common as wolves, for instance.

And finally is there any way to make it sometimes travel in packs, and sometimes be alone?

Thanks in advance.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about creatures and adventure mode.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 05:45:10 pm »

If you want it to ambush you while you're traveling I think you need to give it the [LARGE_PREDATOR] tag. If that doesn't work then it's the [CARNIVORE] tag. I don't think the FREQUENCY tag affects this, I've had creatures with [FREQUENCY:1] that attacked me all the damn time.

To make it travel sometimes in packs and sometimes alone just make the first cluster parameter 1, i.e. [CLUSTER_NUMBER:1:4]. Can't set the relative frequencies of that either.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Questions about creatures and adventure mode.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 06:04:00 pm »

Hmmm, maybe frequency is for dwarf fortress mode then. Thanks!

... Although since the golem is in the mountain biome, I wouldn't be able to travel through the mountains anyway. Kinda forgot that. Oops. :P

EDIT: Although for anyone curious, LARGE_PREDATOR is the tag that triggers attacks on the world map, according to the wiki.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 10:03:10 pm by Seriyu »