Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Urnglad - my first succession game, also, its haunted. In genesis.  (Read 1198 times)

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No one has signed up yet, be the first!

Okay, this is my first succession game, and its usual rules, one year = one turn, get it done in a week, yada yada. Its in genesis mod by Deon, kudos to him for a grand mod.

Its an evil spot, looks decent supply wise, here is the embark supply screen (NOT SHOWN: the other sand lion that is being brought.)

We brought a miner, a mechanic, an herbalist, a woodcutter, a carpenter/mason/building designer, a grower, and a brewer/cook, the miner is named, anyone want to be one of the other six?

So, whos up for this madness, I will do the first year, probably have it done by afternoon EST tomorrow, unless something comes up, so, who is up for this madness?
Also, here is the starting spot.

Okay, on to the first update...

Joy, we just get here and some ogres go by, luckily, our miner, thor, dug us a basic little area to live in for the time being, and we now are out of sight of any other beasts who would want to kill us

We had thor train the two lions for work, in case we need emergency defense, getting the workshops up, thats all for now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 03:13:19 pm by Keltiknight »
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Urnglad - my first succession game, also, its haunted. In genesis.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:53:16 pm »

could i have the miner. name him Thor.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 12:55:55 pm »

could i have the miner. name him Thor.

Okay, I will do so as soon as I fire up DF in an hour or so. (Have some work to attend to.)
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 03:14:31 pm »

Okay, since it will likely be ingame winter before tomorrow, anyone wanna take over this madness, or will I have to do a few extra years until someone shows up?  :P

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 06:08:36 pm »

Ill take over!!!! pick meeeee lol

Basque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 11:23:22 am »

I only started DF this weekend so I don't want to take a turn in an evil embark since I probably don't have enough experience to survive, especially with a mod I don't know anything about. Would you mind linking to or explaining the Genesis mod?

Otherwise I am interested in see how this turns out! I'm too nervous to take a turn unless you really need someone sometime,  but I do want to be involved so if you are naming dwarfs I'll take the grower.

I'm looking forward to see how the year turns out! ^^

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 11:27:58 am »

I'll take a turn. Would it be too much of a hassle to uninstall your tileset before sending it off tot he next person?

Noodz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 02:03:36 pm »

This thread is still alive? I'm interested in succession games, never tried one, but this one seems dead.

But dibs on a spot anyway  :P

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 02:20:17 pm »

noodz, would you like to start our own genesis bloodline?

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 01:26:44 pm »

I believe there are plenty of genesis successions out there, I reccommend ya go for them, since this was made a few months ago, and I deleted the world awhile back.