Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Where are the Skelephants?  (Read 1502 times)

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where are the Skelephants?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 04:36:31 am »

Make 20 dwarves be bowyers and bonecrafters, and build a big set of workshops for them :)

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 05:05:59 am »

Make 20 dwarves be bowyers and bonecrafters, and build a big set of workshops for them :)

Only have one so far, but due to the fact the genius absolutely *has* to take all 1000 pounds of bone to the workshop at the same time, we see something like 5 bolts a month so far, lol >.>
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 05:16:16 am »

If you're going to be getting a lot of corpses/bone regularly - and unless you completely seal up the surface, you probably will be with that combination of biomes, or you'll be overrun - then you may want to just build a large set of butcher and craft workshops very near wherever your corpses are going to end up.  Since I like to play with the Fortress Defense mod, I have bone and junk taking up multiple 30x30 refuse piles, and I decided to build a big line of workshops right down there with the refuse pile, covered by doors to keep the stink out, to minimize walking.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 12:54:31 pm »

That did it, thanks
Not a problem.  Just be warned - haunted oceans suck.  Amphibious zombie whale sharks, skeletal sturgeon, and a hundred other nightmarish things.
Hey, that's great!
So much practice for warriors and coffin-makers!
Finis sanctificat media.
Pages: 1 [2]