Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [38c] quarry leaves weirdness  (Read 667 times)

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[38c] quarry leaves weirdness
« on: March 15, 2008, 11:07:00 pm »

It takes a bag to store quarry leaves when processing them.  When done processing them, the bag goes to the food stockpile.  What's odd is that when you try to cook, say, a lavish meal, but there isn't enough cookable food: the cook will take the leaves out, then realize there aren't enough other items, and cancel the cooking job.  This let the quarry out of the bag, and it never goes back in.

This means that if you have just one bag, you can make quarry roasts: (1) prepare to bag; (2) cook lavish meal; this cleans out the bag but doesn't make a roast (3) prepare to bag -- succeeds, suprisingly.  Repeat a couple more times.  Chow down.

GRead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] quarry leaves weirdness
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 02:11:00 am »

Just a guess, but I think this is because the stack of processed quarry leaves is actually larger than the bags capacity; it gets put in the bag automatically but after being removed is too big to put back in.

Similiarly, alot of roasts in my forts never get put in barrels; at the leopard roast [20] is, while a single stack, too big to put in a barrel so it just sits in the food stockpile.

Just a guess but it would make sense.

Quitschi1337

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 05:44:00 am »

why cant you just be happy with a finaly empty bag?^^

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 09:21:00 pm »

Huh, weird.  They shouldn't empty the bag until the job reaches a conclusion.  I'll note it down.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!