Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Done]  (Read 30575 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Day Two]
« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2010, 01:49:52 am »

... You let Akigigak slip. You just let him go.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Day Two]
« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2010, 10:31:39 am »

I didn't get anything on Azure, he's a good scumplayer. <_>

Well, shucks. :P

I feel bad for missing the last few days of this, though. My laptop got molested by a nasty virus; only just finished re-formatting it.

i think people have simply lost interest (including me, being honest). this is what happens when you kill broody! D:

In hindsight, I deeply, deeply regret offing the funny one. Although it was sort of worth it for a closing scene that was worthy of the Bard himself. ;_;

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Done]
« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2010, 10:25:47 am »

... You let Akigigak slip. You just let him go.

No I didn't, he went idle and there was jack I could do about it.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2010, 12:34:33 pm »

Hmm.

And see, this was also the end objective, since it looks like Akigagak has also broken town.

That was all I was looking for, Aki; my apologies for smashing on you. It's just the way I do things.

Unvote Akigagak - I'll get back to hammerman-ing when I have summore time.

And motivation. D:

You failed so hard, and nothing you can say will remove this stain on your reputation as a Townie. People in PYS are going to be quoting this, I just know it.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2010, 02:21:43 pm »

Hmm.

And see, this was also the end objective, since it looks like Akigagak has also broken town.

That was all I was looking for, Aki; my apologies for smashing on you. It's just the way I do things.

Unvote Akigagak - I'll get back to hammerman-ing when I have summore time.

And motivation. D:

You failed so hard, and nothing you can say will remove this stain on your reputation as a Townie. People in PYS are going to be quoting this, I just know it.

You have an interesting definition of "failing so hard."
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2010, 03:46:38 pm »

I think the point is that your general scumhunting style has a lot of sound and fury with very little moderation or insight.

As scum, it's great.  For town--which you will be playing most of the time--it kind of sucks.  It destroys activity, other than yours, and leaves the game a hollow shell of itself.

So.  I recommend a dose of thinking, followed by occasionally standing back and watching things play out.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2010, 04:59:18 pm »

I gotta be honest, your scum hunting style did kind of destroy my interest, you were running all over the place, attacking anyone who said anything, and not following through.
Nom nom nom

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 15, 2010, 11:11:03 pm »

Well, y'see bayer. In this example, 'hard' is an adjective, for the verb, 'to fail'. While it's not gramatically correct, it IS actually a very often referenced term in our day and age. However, for you, I'll say 'You dropped the ball'.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2010, 05:37:14 pm »

So, quick question here, why do you feel the need to be a dick about it, Tack?

Also: If you can't take the heat, you probably shouldn't be playing Mafia. You, Vector, seem to have forgotten that the very playstyle I use is the one you used on me to teach my how Mafia works. If you lose motivation the second the heat comes on, it's not the right game for you.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 16, 2010, 06:16:22 pm »

Also: If you can't take the heat, you probably shouldn't be playing Mafia. You, Vector, seem to have forgotten that the very playstyle I use is the one you used on me to teach my how Mafia works. If you lose motivation the second the heat comes on, it's not the right game for you.

Then this must be the wrong game for me.

Or maybe you, young upstart, should realize that enough pressure will break anyone.  This is not the technique I taught you.  This is your version of that technique, with your flawed perception behind it.  If it were my technique, then I'd expect you to find actual scum more often, rather than, say, just exploding more and more townies.

Mafia is not about how much pressure you can apply.  It is about how much you can observe.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 17, 2010, 10:29:07 am »

Also, Bayer, you still don't have to do your mafia-style inquiries Off the field.

The game is over, siddown for a second.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 17, 2010, 08:39:38 pm »

Alright, Vector, you're right, I need to review my playstyle. I'll take your advice.

Seems like I can't win, though. I let JetSquirrel go, because he's, y'know, town, and I'm a scumbucket. I try to stick to someone and I'm way too aggressive.

Tack: Meh.
Rules are for suckers.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 17, 2010, 09:58:00 pm »

Alright, Vector, you're right, I need to review my playstyle. I'll take your advice.

Seems like I can't win, though. I let JetSquirrel go, because he's, y'know, town, and I'm a scumbucket. I try to stick to someone and I'm way too aggressive.

Right, we all have to deal with this.  It's just about moderation.

I'm not saying your style is all bad.  I'm just saying that it needs a lot of work, and backing down on aggression should help a lot--since mindless aggression will just screw you over in the end.  Accept your failures gracefully, be humble, and above all... think.  But don't kick yourself in the face for screwing up sometimes, either.

You're an okay sort, Bayer =)  Just pay a bit more attention to what you're doing sometimes, hey?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 17, 2010, 11:28:36 pm »

Right, we all have to deal with this.  It's just about moderation.

I'm not saying your style is all bad.  I'm just saying that it needs a lot of work, and backing down on aggression should help a lot--since mindless aggression will just screw you over in the end.  Accept your failures gracefully, be humble, and above all... think.  But don't kick yourself in the face for screwing up sometimes, either.

You're an okay sort, Bayer =)  Just pay a bit more attention to what you're doing sometimes, hey?

A lot nicer to come back to this than to what I expected. XD

I remain patient at times, but when I fail to be patient I go right off the hook. Gotta remember that.

It's like the s**t wants nothing to do with that hook. The s**t filed for divorce from the hook and took the kids.
Rules are for suckers.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]