Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: This dwarf.  (Read 2104 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: This dwarf.
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 04:34:39 pm »

You cannot currently mod the healthcare system or its associated attributes.  No protective sutures or adamantine bones.  Yet.  Toady has mentioned that with necromancers, he may or may not add the ability to "strap a sword" onto a severed arm, and that the framework for this is already present with the "bandage as inventory" in place.  As yet, it's not possible, but in the future you may see the doctor skills generate moods involving weapons, thread, and screaming.

NINJA: Cannot mod in living creatures like that.  For most of these things, consider: The modding community is even worse than the regular player community in many regards.  If it hasn't been modded in, then it's not possible.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 04:39:27 pm »

What about a special workshop where suturers etc. can "practice" on corpses and gain skill?
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Aerval

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 04:43:19 pm »

What about a special workshop where suturers etc. can "practice" on corpses and gain skill?
read girlinhats post ("If it hasn't been modded in, then it's not possible.") or look into genesis mod
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 04:46:26 pm by Aerval »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 04:43:47 pm »

Can be done, yes.  I think.  There's some small issues when requesting body parts for reactions, but I know it's been done before and works out.  Dwarven Higher Learning has ways to train all the doctoring skills using different devices.
Pages: 1 2 [3]