Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stone/ Rock block stockpiles don't work? (Solved)  (Read 442 times)

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stone/ Rock block stockpiles don't work? (Solved)
« on: October 06, 2010, 11:27:25 am »

I have constructed several blocks (some 100 I think) and have a dedicated block stockpile (metal not allowed, as well as the "normal" block types, such as coke and potash). But in spite of this, the blocks just keep piling up in my masonry workshop, while the three rock grates he just made were happily hauled off to the furniture stockpile.

What gives? Is the block stockpile broken for 31.16?

Bloody board magic -.- All of a sudden all the dwarves decided "Hey gais! Let's haul the blocks now, k?" So yeah, it still works.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:16:27 pm by Moonshine Fox »

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
Re: Stone/ Rock block stockpiles don't work? (.31.16)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 11:40:55 am »

And I was about to say, "Make sure your Dwarves aren't busy with something else.  Like being on break /grumble."
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Moonshine Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stone/ Rock block stockpiles don't work? (.31.16)
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 12:03:19 pm »

Not quite sure what they were busy with, but apparently they were VERY busy, because those blocks have been stuck there for about 3 years. And not 10 minutes after I post on the forums, they decide to go for them.  >:(

jogar2

• Bay Watcher
  • It's just like a mini-mall
    • View Profile
Re: Stone/ Rock block stockpiles don't work? (Solved)
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 03:03:58 pm »

I was in the same boat. I built 10 more masonry workshops just so I could fill them up with blocks to eat up my seemingly endless rock supply.

Once the workshops were maximally cluttered, I shut down the construction tasks.
After a few long months, I noticed some of the workshops had finally decreased to (CLT) (dark red). At that point I turned the task back on.
Lather, rinse, repeat. Having lots of extra workshops really helped.