Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rock bars  (Read 382 times)

chktshadeclaw48

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Insane fox
    • View Profile
Rock bars
« on: October 06, 2010, 01:53:01 pm »

Can anyone explain why, by melting certain metal ores, namely native aluminum, gold/silver/copper nuggets, or raw adamantium, I get "native gold/silver/copper/aluminum bars" or "raw adamantine bars"?  this also seems to work with slade.  construction made from these bars are called "native gold/silver/copper/aluminum/raw adamantine/slade wall".
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Rock bars
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 02:00:01 pm »

You're playing using a world generated in 0.31.12 or earlier, back when those materials were incorrectly flagged as both stones and metals at the same time - thus, you're permitted to designate them for melting.

Worlds generated in 0.31.13 or later (or ones with appropriately updated raws) should treat them as ordinary stone.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

chktshadeclaw48

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Insane fox
    • View Profile
Re: Rock bars
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 02:01:37 pm »

alright, thanks.
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.