Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [38c] Possessed dwarf doing nothing.  (Read 519 times)

Tyshalob

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[38c] Possessed dwarf doing nothing.
« on: March 15, 2008, 01:54:00 am »

I just got a second wave of immigrants that included a Stonecrafter. He came to the fortress and started cranking out some items in my mason workshop, and then was suddenly struck by a strange mood (possessed). After getting struck by the mood he did not claim a workshop, and is now just standing over at the wagon doing nothing. I watched him for probably ten minutes waiting for him to claim a workshop and start making demands, but all he has done so far is stand at the wagon. The dwarf is a novice mason and novice engraver. If necessary I can provide my region1 folder to assist with figuring out what is going on.

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [38c] Possessed dwarf doing nothing.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 01:56:00 am »

what workshops do you have?
stone crafters use a craft dawarfs workshop

[ March 15, 2008: Message edited by: kuro_suna ]

Tyshalob

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 02:10:00 am »

My understanding is that mood artifact creation is based on whatever they had highest proficiency in (this is only my second mood, so odds are good that I'm totally wrong or misunderstanding something), so I'm just assuming he'd want to use a mason's workshop since he is most proficient in mason. I don't have a craftdwarf workshop built yet, but I'll build one tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks.

awdball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 02:12:00 am »

I recently had a dwarf do the same thing, except he was an established glass maker in my fort and retreated to his room even though I had two magma glass smelters running. he wanted a non-magma one it turned out after a lot of experimenting. You are likely just missing the workshop he thinks he needs. I'm playing this in [38c]. Wanting a non-magma smelter when a magma one is available is likely a small bug too.

[ March 15, 2008: Message edited by: awdball ]

The-Moon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 10:36:00 am »

Ive had the same problem. Someone gets possessed and then just stands at the meeting hall until he goes insane  :(
There is absolutely no time, to be taking time for granted. ~Busta Rhymes