Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: No weather at mid-game  (Read 764 times)

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
No weather at mid-game
« on: October 05, 2010, 06:11:35 am »

Hi all.
 I just noticed something when playing. When I had embarked in the region (Cold, Heavily Forested, Untamed Wilds), rain and snowstorms were constant, and I liked it that way. Then suddenly on the third year (which more or less counts as mid-game for me, since i usually get bored/get killed by fps at year 6 or so), I passed by an autumn, winter, and half a spring with absolutely no weather. None at all. Not a single snowstorm or rain. I then realized it had been the same for every other fort I had that made it past the first two years or so.

Not a game breaker, but rather disappointing, since I like rainy and snowy days. I assume it was the fps (13-17) that got low, and weather was disabled or something. Anyone else got this little problem?

Funtimes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: No weather at mid-game
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 06:41:15 am »

Are you sure you didn't change the init?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 07:23:50 am »

Didn't touch it at all. I turned off invaders at the start cuz the Dwarven civ was at war with the goblins, and switched it back on after I got some soldiers trained. The weather was still working at that time.

Funtimes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 07:26:52 am »

Then I blame El Nino. Expect 3-7 year cycles.

Do you have any weather in your event log?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 07:33:24 am »

Nope. I would have noticed it snowing too. Have you got anything like this happen before?