Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goblin Siege Clean Up  (Read 1773 times)

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Siege Clean Up
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 09:34:00 pm »

Darkflagarance has the idea for you to use some way to wall off the area from the outside. To help, build a dwarf atom smasher on the inside, near the entrance, with a storeroom for standard finished goods, armor, headwear, etc. Once you collect all the gobby stuff, dump it into the smasher, if magma use is prohibited, or just mass dump designate the junk without storing it first.
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

Narmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 12:34:55 am »

When fort conditions permit, I try to set up an entranceway that can be flooded to push goblin corpses and their gear down a few levels onto some grates.  This requires a bit of a complicated setup, as 7/7 water doesn't push items, so you want to connect your pumps to a repeater to keep non-full water tiles moving through the area in pulses.  Keep the push distance as small as possible and make sure there aren't any corners, and it works very well. 

What you do with the stuff once you've gathered it up onto a small bunch of grates is up to you, you can have haulers pick over it in complete safety, you can atomsmash it, so on.  I usually try to avoid atomsmashing, so I put the collection grates next to my trade depot, reclaim all the metal and bones, then give all the muddy, bloody goblin clothes to the next human caravan to happen by.  It keeps their greedy paws off my actual valuables and gets rid of the lag-inducing items.  A few macros for designating and selecting a screen full of goods for trade help, of course.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 12:41:00 am »

Well, if you go here then that is a great idea of disposing of all non-iron stuff.  ;D  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=67267.0
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]
Pages: 1 [2]