Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Afraid of doctors?  (Read 1293 times)

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Afraid of doctors?
« on: October 03, 2010, 02:58:39 pm »

For the past two years, my Captain of the Guard has been walking around with a broken hand, fractured rib, and fractured liver. Despite the (presumably) excruciating pain, he still hasn't visited the doctor despite the visit for evaluation and cleaning. Since then, he has taken down four forgotten beasts, and gained a title but he still seems to be afraid of doctors. There's no problem with the rest of the fortress. The doctors were even able to fix up a dwarf that had most of his bones shattered after an accident with a trap, but the captain seems to be afraid and wont go anywhere near the hospital.

Is this a bug, or is my captain truly more worried about protecting the booze than his own health?

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
Re: Afraid of doctors?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 03:00:55 pm »

do any of your other militia go to the doctor, because if it's him then demote him out of the military
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 04:09:58 pm »

He ain't got time to bleed.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 05:37:11 pm »

strip his armor, or some of it, and make him pull a lever connected to spike traps at the end of a hallway.  This should give him a minor injury and cause him to get reevaluated at the hospital.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 02:53:31 pm »

Plaster is needed in order to set broken bones, right? That might be the explanation then. There's no sedimentary layer on the map, so I have no method of obtaining the materials needed for plaster powder at the moment. Assuming I can get the next caravan to bring me some, he should only have to suffer another year or two.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 03:11:43 pm »

Having plaster or not does not dictate whether he visits the doctor or not. What does his health screen say? I mean not his wounds, what did the doctor evaluate about them?

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 03:37:01 pm »

"Right hand, bone
Needs setting
Smashed apart"

That's all it says about the right hand. The rest is just the wounds, no evaluation apparently done on them. The wounds don't seem to impede his military career, though, so I'm in no rush to fix it.