Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diplomat/trader speech files?  (Read 553 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Diplomat/trader speech files?
« on: October 04, 2010, 10:18:59 pm »

Is there any way to add/mod speech files for traders and diplomats? I want to make a civilization of bandits, but I want them to have a different set of conversation lines for trading/meetings. For example, beginning a trade agreement the diplomat would say "Now, what can we do for ya next year?", and the next line would be "Well, then, let's see what that'll cost ya."
くコ:彡

ventuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomat/trader speech files?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 01:00:40 am »

i assume they're in data\dipscript\text\ , i have no idea how to edit, or it's hardcoded.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 01:39:56 am »

Huh. They're all listed as being a 'File'.
くコ:彡

ventuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 02:29:16 am »

Because they don't have extension, they're not editable or I do not know what tool are they edited with.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 06:57:03 am »

Because they don't have extension, they're not editable or I do not know what tool are they edited with.
[/s]

Just use any text editor (in my copy, btw, they're listed as ".txt" files anyway)

EDIT: Although I can edit the files in "...data/speech" I can't seem to find the one that's relevant here.

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought you said "...data/speech", not "...data/dipscript/text". My bad.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 07:03:26 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις