Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpiles: Can't see Reserved Bins #  (Read 617 times)

qwip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpiles: Can't see Reserved Bins #
« on: November 29, 2006, 11:43:00 am »

__Background__
I use a laptop without a numpad (IBM Thinkpad), so I have to change some of the the keybindings to play the game.
I have remapped the "Move secondary selector up" & "Move secondary selector down" to the '[' and ']' keys, however they appear as "Key DB" and "Key DD" on the Key Bindings screen and in gameplay interface as well.

__Bug__
The problem arises when I use the Stockpile [p] command.
There are only 29-30 columns available for text output so for the Reserved Barrels and Bins lines, I see this:

code:
 =Minus: Reserved Bins - 5
KeyDBKeyDD: Reserved Bins

I don't know if this is caused by a quirky IBM keyboard that doesn't recognize [ & ] characters, or if it's the game that doesn't present the bracket characters correctly.

[ November 29, 2006: Message edited by: qwip ]

qwip

Efficiency is intelligent laziness

randomjgj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpiles: Can't see Reserved Bins #
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 12:09:00 pm »

If you just need the display to be wider then the Tab key is your friend.  It will widen the menu display to 2/3 of the screen.
quot;...remember that we are not descended from fearful men..."

E Murrow

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Stockpiles: Can't see Reserved Bins #
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 09:29:00 pm »

The tab key helps, but you can also do something in the interface.txt.  If you go there and change [DISPLAY_STRING:KEYDB:Key DB] to something shorter, it should work.  The way the file is parsed right now, you probably can't change "Key DB" to "[", but you can make it into something you'd recognize.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!