Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is fire breath broken?  (Read 533 times)

RustyTheBrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is fire breath broken?
« on: October 09, 2010, 11:19:14 pm »

So I got a FB recently that's supposed to be able to spew fire (Beware its fire!)... And it isn't. It's going near things, standing there and... Waiting. It's weird, it gets within firebreath range and then just stands there looking dumb, terrifying the bait horses I dropped near it to assess the dangers of the caverns.

Of course it's also a giant winged bristleworm so weird kinda goes with the territory I suppose, but has anyone else noticed a lack of firebreath in .16?

[EDIT]
Okay apparently it WILL breathe fire, if directly attacked. The stray horse grew a pair and charged the FB only to get a blast of fire. Still kinda strange though, used to be that things would breathe fire all the time.

DOUBLEEDIT!
Okay, it only breathes fire on itself for some reason, so the only way it can light things ablaze is if something tackles it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 01:03:10 am by RustyTheBrave »

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Re: Is fire breath broken?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 01:08:52 am »

that's not broken, that's awesome. Time time to figure out how to make cats do that.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.