Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 33d: possessed metalsmith claims forge and immediately g  (Read 483 times)

Rocko Bonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
33d: possessed metalsmith claims forge and immediately g
« on: December 08, 2007, 06:24:00 am »

I just had a metalsmith go possessed.  He ran off to a magma forge, and immediately went berserk after claiming it.  

The magma under the forge isn't full enough yet to be usable, but it is filling up.  The furnaces just a few square upstream are serviceable.  Still, I imagine this has something to do with it.

Gaulgath

• Bay Watcher
  • ♪ Gold gold gold gold ♪
    • View Profile
Re: 33d: possessed metalsmith claims forge and immediately g
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 09:07:00 am »

Did you have to build the forge once he went into the mood? Was there a long delay before he could get there?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 12:52:00 pm »

This is Bug 529.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Wolfius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 08:16:00 pm »

The bug have anything to do with the forge flickering active-inactive as 4/7 magma rolls past while the channel fills? Do moody dwarves go berserk is you destroy the shop they're working in?

Just curious.

Rocko Bonaparte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 12:55:00 am »

Well Toady seems to have a handle on it but I'll describe what I saw and had done.  The forge existed already.  Once the tile underneath the forge had a certain amount of magma, I was able to build the forge.  I think it was really only 1/7, but I couldn't do anything with the forge until it was at least 4/7.  Unfortunately, the forge wasn't at that point when the possessed dwarf got there.  

There was no delay in the dwarf reaching the site.  I saw him walk to the forge, go nuts, and start walking away seamlessly.