Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I wish i could draw just so i could draw this...  (Read 816 times)

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I wish i could draw just so i could draw this...
« on: September 30, 2010, 07:50:29 am »

Osirsakzul, "The Truthful Trumpet", a steel buckler.
This is a steel buckler. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of conger eel leather. This object menaces with spikes of alder, green glass and willow. On the item is an image of a werewolf in steel.

Bad ass buckler is bad ass.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: I wish i could draw just so i could draw this...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 07:53:35 am »

You must give this shield to whichever military dwarf ends up with legendary in shield first, a reward for being awesome. If only someone could somehow get an entire suit of arifact steel, bronze, or adamantine armor, helm boots gloves chestplate etc., and put it all on one soldier, with an artifact weapon they are legendary in of a matching materal to the armor, or platnium if they are a hammerdwarf.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 07:56:46 am »

That's why I'm planning to train all my useless peasant haulers a little bit in armorsmithing.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 09:15:27 am »

I haven't gotten an artifact in so long (I tend to abandon forts about the same time SKil Rust kicks in, as a reference to how long they last), but I still remember my best all the way back in 40d.

"This is a steel spear. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of turtle shell and green glass. On the item is an image of (my civ's king) surrounded by dwarves in steel. This relates to the ascension of (king) to the position of king of (my civ).
On the item is an image of two spears in steel."

Sigh. I miss that fort so much.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 09:35:01 am »

I never get good artifacts. I always get something like a microcline grate with a picture of a rhesus macaque or something equally ridiculous.

phoenixuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 03:20:30 pm »

Ok, my lead dwarf is now wielding Ekirosust, "lucidtamed", a pig iron spear
(This is a pig iron spear. All crafsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with chrysocolla and studded with pig iron. This object menaces with spikes of horse bone.)
Along with the afore mentioned werewolf shield.
He is also wearing full plate steel armour.

BRING IT ON!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 03:30:01 pm »

My favorite artifact was my gold warhammer with menacing spikes of gold. It had my first artifact, a maple ring (:l) etched into it in gold.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 04:01:42 pm »

My favorite artifact was my gold warhammer with menacing spikes of gold. It had my first artifact, a maple ring (:l) etched into it in gold.

I would literally kill every one of my own dwarves to get one of these.

I've got a buzzard leather buckler with a picture of a bismuth mace on it.  Not too useful.  But then I got an artifact steel pick with a picture of itself in obsidian on it.  I expect it to be brutal in combat.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku