Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Making goblins playable.  (Read 594 times)

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making goblins playable.
« on: September 30, 2010, 11:12:18 pm »

So I made goblins a playable race by adding the civ_controllable tag to their thing in the entity file.
Every civilization has that red dash thing beside them in the embark thing, as expected.
However, goblins seem to always have a yellow no trade thing beside them, so I won't get any traders.
In addition, goblins don't have the farming labors menu, even though there is things  like [PERMITTED_JOB:BUTCHER] in their entity file thing.
..Help?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Making goblins playable.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 11:19:03 pm »

In addition, goblins don't have the farming labors menu, even though there is things  like [PERMITTED_JOB:BUTCHER] in their entity file thing.
..Help?
Known bug.

However, goblins seem to always have a yellow no trade thing beside them, so I won't get any traders.

The embark screen is a notorious liar when it comes to "No Trade" civs.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Making goblins playable.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 11:26:01 pm »

So I made goblins a playable race by adding the civ_controllable tag to their thing in the entity file.
Every civilization has that red dash thing beside them in the embark thing, as expected.
..Help?

If even one kind of labor is missing from a labor category (ex. Strand Extracting from Crafting) the entire category (all of Crafting) will be disabled. That happens for Goblin farming.

Goblins most likely have no trade because they don't have the tags for diplomats etc. Also, if you want to play as goblins, they come to your fort every season unless you alter their seasonal arrival tags.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod