Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Constructions  (Read 612 times)

Tuxman

• Bay Watcher
  • Forever GM
    • View Profile
Constructions
« on: October 10, 2010, 12:35:16 am »

I was thinking: all the towns right now, while spiced up, are rather bare.

For Humans there are (or were at least) four types of buildings. The meadhall, the temple, the house, and the apartment. And of course the fort, but I'm not sure the humans actually got those...

And as for the dwarves, all there is is the mountainhomes, which has crazy architecture and no functionality.

And the elves have nothing. The kobolds have nothing. The goblins are in the same boat as the dwarves.

Point is: buildings right now frankly suck. Houses could have more than one room back then. There were shacks, yes, but there were other houses. Town houses, farm houses, manors, palaces, etc. Right now we have little farm plot houses (which are, while a big improvement, still not much.

Obviously the towns are in their beginning stages. What I want to ask though is whether you can modify town structure. Add tree houses to the elves, tents to the kobolds, new houses to the humans, and others.

So where and how would one go about modifying the structure of houses, if possible?
Meowth! That's right!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Constructions
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 12:43:15 am »

You wouldn't. Sites are made up of set types right now, which are composed of set types of structures.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 01:06:30 am »

Completely hardcoded. Sorry.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 07:50:16 am »

Actually there're no towns at all now. The next version will feature markets, inns and some other stuff. It means that we're moving there.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 12:21:50 pm »

Once Toady has made some progress he will probably release some kind of raws for it.  Until then we can only be patient.
WheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE