Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: another Admantine spire - now with a mountain  (Read 960 times)

o_O[WTFace]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
another Admantine spire - now with a mountain
« on: September 25, 2010, 08:44:40 pm »

So I found an admantine spire, except its surrounded by an embark tile or two of rock and soil.  Oddly, not even the outline seems to be properly revealed so I really cant figure out exactly what the mountain is made of.  I haven't tried any digging yet because its just so laggy my comp cant really handle it, even while paused

HERE
is a screenshot at z500 something.  I really cant go much higher because it slows way down.  No idea exactly what the unrevealed tiles are or why they wont reveal.  The admantine snakes all around through the big mountain in the south, not sure if the other little mountains in the west and north have admantine veins too.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3168

If anyone downloads it be aware the world was genned with my own mods.  Flying steel using orcs have been added, armor has been modified to cover fingers and toes and stuff.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:56:14 am by o_O[WTFace] »
...likes Dwarf Fortresses for their terrifying features...

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: another Admantine spire - now with a mountain
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 08:46:54 pm »

So I found an admantine spire, except its surrounded by an embark tile or two of rock and soil.  Oddly, not even the outline seems to be properly revealed so I really cant figure out exactly what the mountain is made of.  I haven't tried any digging yet because its just so laggy my comp cant really handle it, even while paused

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3168

The world was genned with my own mods.  Flying steel using orcs have been added, armor has been modified to cover fingers and toes and stuff.

Screenshots? I honestly am not in the mood for downloads. And, ANOTHER adamantine spire? Is Toady conspiring with Armok?
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

beekay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 09:20:02 pm »

Uh, not that I remember what it looks like exactly, but:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Nope, it's not. Oops. Well that's just weird then...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 09:31:36 pm »

Time for another cave-in.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!