Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Clowns (spoiler)  (Read 2074 times)

V12US

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clowns (spoiler)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 04:50:03 pm »

When I breach the 'circus', the 'clowns' always seem unwilling to 'perform'. They just sit their in their 'tent' and wander around a bit. I made a stair down into the 'tent' and dangled a nice, crunchy cat over the hole, which caught their attention, but after they 'entertained' it, they just went back to doing nothing again.

Boring 'clowns'.

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 05:52:07 pm »

after some buggy stuff i wiped them out only to have random wildlife down there give all my dwarves the rot and kill the doctors :/
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 08:06:44 pm »

"Clowns" are "fun" because "losing is fun!"
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 09:34:04 pm »

So if some people have beaten the clowns then they've destroyed fun? Thus by winning you have had no fun. Unless you had fun while destroying fun. In which case fun only exists to you in the moments before you succumb to the slow realization that you have won.

You've done it, you've beaten the system, you are awesome... but what now? All you have strived for and for what? Building a donut stand in hell? You live to overcome the challenge but you have mastered the greatest one what will you do? Slowly falling into depression as no oppurtunities shine their light on your world, you one day throw yourself into the very glowing pits you have conquered.

You have already conquered hell, upon arriving in hell upon your death, dwarf satan bows to you and offers the greatest adamantite sword ever made. You take his sword, (and a golden fiddle), and kill satan, for you no longer care... no... you have found your next great challenge. Using the hell-cannon in your fort you rally the armies of the damned, and shoot yourself into heaven.

The pearly gates shine before you as you tear them down, piece by piece. Angel blood covers you as you approach god's final stronghold. Nothing can stand in your way, this is your greatest challenge, your greatest moment, your final crusade, you will not fail at this crucial moment. And from the gate you hear "Stop!" and all grows silent. God stands before you, "We must end this madness once and for all," he says, "You! Urist! It's time to settle this for all eternity!"

[God] has challenged you to a fiddle contest, accept? Y/N

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 09:44:40 pm »

Y/N/Pull lever to cave-in ceiling down onto God's head.

Heaven is yours.

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 10:16:41 pm »

I always thought they were called clowns because a near-infinite amount of them would pour out of the tiny little portal. You know, like a clown car.

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 10:19:18 pm »

I always thought they were called clowns because a near-infinite amount of them would pour out of the tiny little portal. You know, like a clown car.
I believe that was the original reason that the first instance of the term clown was used. It stuck, however, because it's an uncannily perfect term.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 07:11:01 pm »

I believe that was the original reason that the first instance of the term clown was used. It stuck, however, because it's an uncannily perfect term.
They don't pile out of a little-anything anymore. It's a giant world-spanning layer of unminable rock and flying spooks. Might as well call them Deep Carp the way they suffocate everyone after you accidentally flood your fort by mining around blue stuff.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

rat_pack40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 01:23:49 am »

God stands before you, "We must end this madness once and for all," he says, "You! Urist! It's time to settle this for all eternity!"
[God] has challenged you to a fiddle contest, accept? Y/N
Sigg'd
Pages: 1 [2]