Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Damn hippies won't see my mayor.  (Read 330 times)

Loof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Damn hippies won't see my mayor.
« on: September 24, 2010, 03:05:33 pm »

My mayor, humble Monom of Dorenavuz, Carpenter. And also ignored by elves.

During the recent years of my fort, I keep getting the 'a diplomat left unhappy' message every time the elves leave. I don't get this problem with other diplomats/liasons.

So, I was wondering has this something to do with the profession of my mayor? As stated, he's a carpenter, and the elves aren't known for their love of wooden crafts.

And also, should I do something about it? Is this refusal of diplomats gonna lead to fun in the end?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Damn hippies won't see my mayor.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 03:11:46 pm »

Make sure your mayor doesn't have anything to do other than meet with the diplomat - Conduct Meeting is an extremely low priority task.

The problem is that mayors get re-elected in early Summer (though, unlike in 40d, without any announcement), and a re-election will cause all visiting Diplomats to immediately give up and leave.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Arekis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Damn hippies won't see my mayor.
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 05:56:43 pm »

Rare occurrence, but worth mentioning: should your mayor be involved in the construction of an artifact, the diplomat will immediately leave unhappy.