Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange, shell-less turtles.  (Read 710 times)

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
Strange, shell-less turtles.
« on: September 23, 2010, 08:02:59 pm »

Am I doing something wrong? I have a glut of turtles, a fishery, and no shells.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange, shell-less turtles.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:08:01 pm »

Did you check inside the fishery with the (t) button?

Gnauga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:12:39 pm »

Shells are actually considered bodyparts and as thus will be sent to refuse stockpiles. Look there if they're not in the fishery.

worldspawn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 09:43:17 pm »

Also if you imported them they've already been processed and the shells removed.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 10:05:19 pm »

Shells are actually considered bodyparts and as thus will be sent to refuse stockpiles. Look there if they're not in the fishery.
Shells, hair, hooves, bone, skins not yet tanned ... (damn you, Urist McLazyTanner ... you almost cost me a highly skilled and possessed swordsdwarf by not tanning those deer hides sooner! ... although I'm not sure the 3600*, deer leather, larch ring decorated hat really helped my fort any ...)
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 12:08:03 am »

No luck. I have absolutely no idea where the shells are going, they're not even registering in my Stock screen.

Maybe my dwarves are just catching lizards and aren't sure what they actually are, and just call them "shell-less turtles".
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.