Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Charcoal Bug(?)  (Read 7290 times)

EBannion

• Bay Watcher
  • Visit my Blog, www.elleshaped.com
    • View Profile
    • ElleShaped
Re: Charcoal Bug(?)
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 08:15:22 am »

Does saving and reloading the game fix this? If it is a caching problem it might.
Torturing Dwarves to death since 2007

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 05:30:55 pm »

I had the same problem, but after deleting the burrow the smelter was located in, the charcoal was usable.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

morgoththegreat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2010, 08:26:59 pm »

The smelter would keep trying to use my imported coke (imported for steel, not melting copper nuggets) in the smelter, and when I forbade the coke, it wouldn't take the charcoal as a substitute.

Offtopic, but it sounds like you're trying to keep your "coke" and "charcoal" separate because they perform different functions. This is not true, coke and charcoal are identical in every way but name and origin. Charcoal can make steel just as well as coke.
I know this isn't what this thread is talking about, but I figure it might save you some micromanagement.

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2010, 02:40:42 am »

He did try to forbid charcoal for some things? Now that's some useful information which got lost in all these testosterone-driven attitude postings of the OP.

Sounds like an issue with his settings for the economic stone, or an issue with mass forbidding, or forbidding the charcoal with the z-menu, or perhaps with still having the charcoal marked for further dumping.

Not like an issue of the smelter itself.

(... besides, d-b-c would've fixed that issue, but you already heard that one before.)  :P
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

csebal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2010, 04:36:45 am »

I guess you already figured it out by now, but my best bet is that all the coke you reclaimed is being tasked to be taken to a stockpile. That is: in queue for transport. Items in queue for a job can't be used for anything else until that job is done, so the coke there will not be available for smelting, until Urist McLazyAssHauler devotes some of his precious time bringing it to a stockpile.

That is, if you have a bar/block stockpile, but i do believe that most people do have those.. I mean, bars can be stored in bins, so there is not real point in quantum stockpiling them anyway, unless you are too lazy to build bins, but without bins, life isnt as dwarvy imo as it could be.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]