Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soldiers don't finish up unconscious monster, and aband  (Read 829 times)

isitanos

• Bay Watcher
  • Seasonal river flood nostalgic
    • View Profile
Soldiers don't finish up unconscious monster, and aband
« on: November 02, 2007, 01:52:00 pm »

I have this game right now where I finally managed to train 7 marksdwarves to attack a murderous thrice-named giant cave swallow. Two of them died, but they managed to shoot it; it fell down.

Then things became extremely buggy: dwarves were not fleeing anymore from the creature, which was crawling on the ground; one worker tried to move right past it and got grievously wounded in a wrestling match with the wounded giant bird.

Now I have an unconscious but not dead giant cave swallow and a wounded (unconscious?) dwarf on top of each other; my soldier equipped with an axe standing right next to the bird won't finish it off, and nobody is coming to rescue the badly injured dwarf.

The dwarf will probably die of thirst if he doesn't die of bleeding, and who knows if the giant bird is not gonna eventually recover (they don't need to eat or drink from what I understand) and kill more of my dwarves. This is very annoying.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers don't finish up unconscious monster, and aband
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 03:03:00 pm »

In adventurer mode, when I tried to attack a disabled monster, I got the "Are you sure?" prompt.  It may have been unconscious at the time though.  Not sure if this is related, maybe dwarves just don't like kicking a downed opponent.  They should like it more.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!